Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Product Review: Cricut Stamp Kit



It sucked. Basically.

If you don't already know what it is, I'll explain. It's a kit for your Cricut machine, it comes with four acrylic mounting blocks and one sheet of 6"x 6" stamp sheet and vinyl case. I got it new off of eBay for $12.88. For this kit, you also have to have the deep cut blade and housing, which I also had to buy in order to use my kit, which cost me $12.95. That's over $24 for this thing.

So, I waited all week for my deliveries, dieing in anticipation to make stamps so I can execute all the big ideas I had in my head. My stamp kit arrived, but I had to wait two days for my new blade before I could do anything (I was dieing inside!). So it finally get's here. THEN I have to wait for my 2-year old to go to sleep so I can get down to business.

Before I did any cutting on my stamp sheet, I did a test run to figure out what I was going to cut and what size. After that was done, I switched blades, put my stamp sheet on the cutting mat and away we went! Everything appeared to be going fine. I decided to cut out stamps of the entire alphabet, capital and lowercase, with an ampersand and I had space to cut a border stamp. I removed the letters, and realized the smaller details didn't cut very well, but I thought, "It'll be ok" but the more stamps I removed and noticed how badly it had cut the more disappointed I became. I placed all my stamps on an acrylic block, which was another disappointment. The stamps where so flimsy it was hard getting them onto the stamp straight. I then stamped it onto some paper. That was my biggest disappointment of all. The ink didn't set well on the stamp so I when I stamped it on the paper it looked.... wrong. It looked like I had used a cheap ink and cheap stamp, NOT professional at all like I had hoped. And, the letters looked warped because I couldn't get them on the stamp correctly. It just looked so cheap.

I do not recommend this kit at all. It was a waste of money and effort. I should have spent that money else where. I give it four thumbs down.

No comments:

Post a Comment