Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Chevron Chic

If you can't tell from my blog, I really like the chevron pattern and I'm happy it's become really popular. That's why I'm so excited to share with you today Little Miss Card's latest additions...

Gorgeous chevron and monogram set now available!
You also have the option of black and white!

Is it possible to be in love with stationery?


A nice close up
Tada! Isn't it beautiful. And all embossed. By. Hand. Every line of chevron you see, hand embossed.

Now for the story behind the design. I actually had every intention of using a stamp for  the chevron pattern and I was going to do the monogram differently as well. But it didn't pan out. But I'm glad it didn't, because this came out so much more beautiful. So, stumped with my previous design, I started sifting around some of my supplies and equipment, looking for inspiration when I came across an embossing plate with a chevron pattern. Whaaaat? I HAD this all along? And here I've been waiting for the opportunity to purchase a chevron pattern stamp when I could have been embossing it all along. Oh well. But wait, there's a problem. The chevron pattern isn't long enough to reach all across the paper. What is a girl to do? Use a little ingenuity of course. I embossed the pattern across the paper as far as I could go, but I left the embossing open ended so that I could stagger my the plate along the already raised image of the chevron pattern to create a perfectly seamless zig-zag all across the paper. On. Every. Single. Line. It's more time consuming than other designs I offer, but it's so gorgeous I don't mind doing the extra work.

Be sure to click the captions under the photos to get to the location of these little lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment